Looking for and making your mind which Christmas presents to buy may sometimes be difficult. I always think that the best gifts are the handmade gifts. And it does not have to equal long hours (or even days) of crafting. If you’re in need of a simple yet effective present, here’s my suggestion: a mug coaster set.
For the set of coaster in the pictures I used some ikea fabric from my stash of fabric scraps, and some interfacing. This fabric does not fray that much, which is why I could sew pieces together wrong sides facing, and I avoided turning the coaster right side out (as well as finishing the opening gap).
So here’s how to make the coasters yourself in a few simple steps :
- Cut out 2 circles (diameter approx. 18 cm / 7 inch) of fabric per coaster and 2 circles of interfacing (same-size).
- Iron interfacing onto the wrong side of fabric. Do this for each side of the coaster.
- Sew both fabric pieces together (wrong sides facing) around their circumference.
- Feel free to decorate your coaster with any kind of stitching.
- Make as many coaster as you wish!
- Your gift is ready to be wrapped 🙂
Enjoy the true pleasure of giving!