The fact that I am temporarily away from my dear sewing machine makes me creative in some other ways 😉 And so I made a quick (max 30 min., depending on your drawing & cutting skills) almost no-sew phone cover!
All you need to complete this project is:
- a piece of felt enough to wrap your phone 1,5 times (calculate approx. 3x phone width) and about ~ 3 cm longer than your phone (see pic.2 below)
- a couple of small pieces of felt, size and colour depends on how you want to decorate the finished cover
- a fabric glue
- a needle and a decorating thread (for backstitching the bottom and top part of the cover)
- sharp scissors to cut felt
Prepare the cover in only few steps:
- measure your phone (pic.1) and cut out the main piece of felt in proper size (pic.2)
- wrap the felt around the phone and glue along the two longer edges (pic.3)
- remove the phone from the cover and glue the bottom edges together
- when the glue dries, backstitch along the bottom of the cover, as well as around the top edge of the phone cover (pic.4)
- cut out some decoration from the remaining felt pieces (I made a simple decoration of a felt flower) and glue it onto the front of the cover
- enjoy your new unique handmade phone cover :)!
Please excuse the quality of the photos below, but (since time was of the essence at the time) I (exceptionally) took them using my phone: